Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rainbow Lighting's Return to Glory

And it's Eric -

So I know most of you are probably on edge with anticipation waiting to hear if my bike is okay or not... well it's back in business!

After the cattle guard incident I did go to Dick's house. He is a very nice 80 year old man. He came and picked me up in his little pickup truck and took me to his bike cemetery. After clearing the way of old car parts, random pipes, and rusted bikes; I found a derailer (how it should be spelled!) attached to an old blue miyata road bike. Its called the Falcon, which sounds much better that SunTour!

After a little de-ruster and some TLC it was attached to the Lightin' and working great. This is what I love about these old bikes - you can just make them work with whats on hand. No need to go buy a brand new Shimano $150 derailer for this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment